Manchester United defender posts moving tribute to Casey Stoney ahead of final match - ManUtdFC Blog

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Search Google

Saturday, May 15, 2021

Manchester United defender posts moving tribute to Casey Stoney ahead of final match

 
Manchester United defender posts moving tribute to Casey Stoney ahead of final match

Manchester United defender Millie Turner has given a heartfelt homage to outgoing Women's team boss Casey Stoney ahead of her last game in charge.

Stoney declared her resignation as boss on Wednesday, citing continuing conflicts between herself and the club.

DON'T MISS:


Stoney, according to MEN Sport, was disappointed with the lack of training resources open to her players, with the Women's squad having to match their preparations into the men's timetable as well as those of youth teams.


Stoney supervised United's ascension to the WSL in only two seasons since their rebirth in 2018, leading them to fourth position in the top flight in an outstanding debut season.

United led the league at the start of the season but slowed due to an escalating injury crisis, with Stoney allegedly claiming that inadequate fitness facilities were partially to blame.


Stoney would take care of the Reds' final FA Cup match against Leicester on Sunday afternoon, and English defender Turner paid homage to her coach ahead of the game.

DON'T MISS:


Tomorrow's game will be unique for a variety of purposes," Turner tweeted on Saturday. "Casey, you have been the guiding power and squad boss. I personally cannot express how grateful I am for all you have done for me. You trusted in me, and you let me be the individual and player that I am.

I've learned so much from you, and I'm glad to have had the opportunity to collaborate with you over the past three years. They were, without a doubt, some of the happiest days of my life.

"You're the most incredible trainer, teacher, and boss I've ever had the honour to play under, but most significantly, you're the most incredible guy I've ever had the honour to play for."

"I speak for everybody when I claim that we will always stand for you and what you believe in, and we will do whatever we can to keep making you proud."

No comments:

Post a Comment