Luke Shaw speaks honestly about Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher’s punditry - ManUtdFC Blog

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Search Google

Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Luke Shaw speaks honestly about Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher’s punditry

 
Luke Shaw speaks honestly about Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher’s punditry

After an excellent season with Manchester United, Luke Shaw admits it feels 'nice' to have changed the minds of punditry duo Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher.

 

Shaw has been one of United's most consistent performers, and he was named the club's Players' Player of the Year for the second time this week.

 DON'T MISS:


The 25-year-old left-back was also named to Neville and Carragher's Team of the Season, prompting Shaw to respond with the following statement.

 

Shaw's thoughts on Neville and Carragher.

 Shaw told the Manchester Evening News, "It's obviously really nice to see, especially from both of them."



“I've been chastised in the past by them, obviously for my performances and so on. It's nice to change their minds about how they perceive me.


“They know a lot about football and watch a lot of football, so it obviously means something to them.” But you try not to think about it too much and just focus on yourself, doing the right things to improve and get better.

 DON'T MISS:


“I think they're sometimes so accurate with what they say. Not just Gary, but both of them, provide excellent football analysis. They literally know everything there is to know about football!


“Most of the time, they're right about everything. But every now and then, perhaps recently, they get a couple of things wrong.”


Shaw also provided a refreshingly candid assessment of his own performance in United's recent loss to Liverpool, admitting that he allowed himself to fall short of the high standards he has set for himself.

 “I wasn't what I was used to being this season, and that was why I was so disappointed after that game,” he explained.


“I need to raise the bar because I believe I can do it, and pushing myself benefits both the team and myself.


“I want to consistently perform at a high level, and I fell short of that. I told the manager the next day that I was really annoyed with myself, blah,He agreed with me, saying, "You weren't bad."


“But I've set a high standard for consistency, and he expects it every game, and I agree with him. I, too, need to push myself to that level.”

No comments:

Post a Comment