“I am extremely pleased to be rejoining” – 35-year-old on Manchester United return - ManUtdFC Blog

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Search Google

Saturday, July 24, 2021

“I am extremely pleased to be rejoining” – 35-year-old on Manchester United return

 

“I am extremely pleased to be rejoining” – 35-year-old on Manchester United return


Paul McShane has returned to Manchester United as a player coach.


Paul McShane has rejoined his old club Manchester United as a player-coach for the Under-23s.



The 35-year-old was most recently affiliated with League One club Rochdale, having joined them in October of this year.

He departed Dale at the end of last season, however, and has since joined United's coaching staff.


DON'T MISS:


The former Hull City defender has already obtained his A-licence and has lately started teaching the Under-16s.

According to United's official website, McShane will provide "high-level competition" for the club's outstanding strikers while also providing "development opportunities" for the club's young defenders in training.

“I am overjoyed to be returning to a club that means so much to me,” McShane remarked.



“I've been working on my coaching badges for a number of years, and the opportunity to teach with young players while simultaneously participating in certain games is ideal.

“Throughout my career, I have gained a great deal of information, and I am looking forward to mentoring and helping the next generation of academy graduates by passing on all of my expertise.

“It feels very great to be back where I started my professional career, and I can't wait to get started in helping these talented athletes fulfill their enormous potential.”



McShane was a member of Manchester United's youth academy, joining in the summer of 2002.

He won the FA Youth Cup with the Red Devils in 2003, although he never made his first-team debut at Old Trafford.

The Wicklow-born footballer did, however, play for the senior team on the club's pre-season tour of the United States in 2004.



He went on to play for a number of English clubs but is most known for his time at Hull City and Reading.

The ex-Republic of Ireland international played seven seasons with the Tigers, appearing in 136 games across all competitions.

He spent four years at Reading, where he made over 100 appearances.


DON'T MISS:




    No comments:

    Post a Comment