"Fourth!" - Bruno Fernandes snubbed by Man Utd teammates in Player of the Year vote - ManUtdFC Blog

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Search Google

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

"Fourth!" - Bruno Fernandes snubbed by Man Utd teammates in Player of the Year vote

 
"Fourth!" - Bruno Fernandes snubbed by Man Utd teammates in Player of the Year vote

Several Manchester United players believe Luke Shaw will unseat Bruno Fernandes as the club's Player of the Year.

The winner will be announced on Tuesday, with the Portuguese midfielder expected to retain the Sir Matt Busby award following another outstanding season.

DON'T MISS:

Shaw, on the other hand, will be hoping to cause an upset, as the 25-year-old has been arguably the best full-back in the Premier League this season.

And, ahead of the ceremony, several United players have spoken out, predicting that the England international will triumph over Fernandes.

Scott McTominay and Aaron Wan-Bissaka voted for Shaw, but admit it was a difficult decision because they have both been outstanding for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side.

"Who gets my vote?" McTominay said to Manchester United's official website. I'd probably say Luke Shaw. He's just been outstanding; really, really good. I mean, really, really good. That he's been that good comes as no surprise to me."

"I gave my vote to Luke, but I think Bruno was up there as well," Wan-Bissaka added. Luke has been a standout for me, putting in the work, and that pushes me to compete with him, to bring the best out of both of us.

DON'T MISS:

"He's been upbeat throughout, making the most of every opportunity." He hasn't taken his foot off the gas pedal. He's kept pushing himself until the whistle blows, and he also helps the team."

Brandon Williams revealed that he will use the remaining games to finalize his vote, but he insists on Marcus Rashford, Harry Maguire, and Shaw as his top three, joking that Fernandes is fourth in line.

"I think I can't narrow it down to one because there have been so many," he said. Rashy, Luke, and Harry are probably my top three. We only have three games left, so whoever performs the best in those three games gets my vote.

"Bruno has been a very important player, but I think it's those three because I don't think they get enough credit." Bruno gets all of the goals and assists, but the defense has come a long way.

"With Harry's leadership, Luke has gotten himself involved in the attacking play, and it's everything he does off the pitch as well." I consider Player of the Year to be someone who excels in training as well as on the field throughout the season. Bruno has a chance to finish fourth."

Juan Mata believes that both players are deserving of the award, but that Fernandes has a slight advantage over Shaw.

“We were talking about it in the locker room and joking with Bruno and Luke,” he explained. They both probably deserve it, in my opinion. Luke has been very consistent, especially in recent months, and has given us a lot from his position, both offensively and defensively. But, in my opinion, Bruno has been the team's most consistent player.

"Even when he isn't having the best day, he is always working on something for us." To be honest, I think he was Player of the Year because he's been fantastic since he arrived here. He's a fantastic teammate and a wonderful person, and I'm thrilled for him. He's earned it."

No comments:

Post a Comment