Rio Ferdinand disagrees with Man United’s pursuit of Kieran Trippier - ManUtdFC Blog

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Search Google

Saturday, June 12, 2021

Rio Ferdinand disagrees with Man United’s pursuit of Kieran Trippier

Rio Ferdinand disagrees with Man United’s pursuit of Kieran Trippier


 “If I'm being honest, he wouldn't be my first choice.” Rio Ferdinand believes it is pointless for Manchester United to sign Kieran Trippier this summer, despite claims that the Red Devils are interested in the Atletico Madrid right-back.

Many former United players believe that manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has to bolster certain areas ahead of next season, but the interest in Trippier surprised many.

DON'T MISS:

Trippier does not meet the description, according to Ferdinand, who feels any right-back target will be brought in to play second fiddle to Aaron Wan-Bissaka.

Ferdinand told Metro, "I don't think they'd buy someone to come in and play [every week], I think whoever's coming in there is going to be playing back-up."

Rio Ferdinand takes aim at Kieran Trippier.

“They spent £50 million on Wan-Bissaka, not to be a number two or backup.

“If I'm being honest, he [Trippier] wouldn't be my first option, but I recognize the talents he possesses.

“However, Trippier would not be my first pick in terms of the type of player I'd bring in to play as a number two right-back.”

DON'T MISS:

The start of the transfer season coincides with the start of Euro 2020, and a number of suspected United targets are now in the England team.

It's been speculated that several of Solskjaer's targets, such as Trippier, Jadon Sancho, and Harry Kane, might be gauged by the United contingent in Gareth Southgate's team.


Ferdinand acknowledged that players are frequently tapped up during international breaks, citing his own experience at the 2002 World Cup.

“Yeah, that occurs all the time. That happened on my World Cup trip with Nicky Butt, Becks' United teammate. Ferdinand told The Sun, "We talked about me coming to United."

“That was a rumor in the newspaper. Every tournament, every get-together, this happens. Players conversing with one another. Managers are bound to say things like, "Speak to him for me and find out what he's like."

“Butt just asked, ‘Would you like to come United?' And I answered, "Sure, I'd do it." I want to take home medals.'


“That most likely made its way back to the management, who now knows whether or not to make an offer. That's how it's done.”

No comments:

Post a Comment