Alex Ferguson names the two young managers who have impressed him most - ManUtdFC Blog

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Search Google

Sunday, May 23, 2021

Alex Ferguson names the two young managers who have impressed him most

 
Alex Ferguson names the two young managers who have impressed him most

An endorsement from Fergie is among the highest forms of praise.

Alex Ferguson has revealed the names of two young managers who have wowed him in recent years.

DON'T MISS:

Ferguson has been out of football for eight years, but the legendary former Manchester United manager keeps a close eye on what is going on in the game, and he has been particularly impressed by Eddie Howe and Scott Parker's work.

For a young manager, Eddie Howe had a great period at Bournemouth,” Ferguson told LADBible.

Alex Ferguson's thoughts on young managers

“I believe he performed admirably. Even though he's been demoted, that doesn't mean he's not a good manager; in fact, I believe he is a good manager.

DON'T MISS:

“I think Parker, the boy from Fulham, has done a fantastic job. I've been watching them a lot, and they're still playing football.

“They don't change and don't freak out. They adhere to their manager's beliefs, which I believe is a good indication of how good he is.”

Both Howe and Parker have been linked to the Spurs' open position, but neither is considered a front-runner. Howe has been heavily linked with the Celtic job as well.

Ferguson also shared his thoughts on the two best managers in the game right now, and as much as it pained him to admit it as a United fan, he had to give credit where credit is due by praising Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp and Manchester City's Pep Guardiola.

“Without a doubt, the two exceptional managers are Klopp and Guardiola,” Ferguson said.

“I've observed them at work, and I actually feel partially responsible for their actions because I met them.

“Klopp approached me in Switzerland for advice on moving to England. I told him to choose the best team possible, a team with high expectations. I wasn't planning on retiring at the time.

“It was the same with Guardiola; I met him in New York and we shared dinner. I told him to keep me updated on his next move, and he went to City.”

No comments:

Post a Comment